A Sense of Community & Blogger Award


I've been thinking about the meaning of community a lot. I've moved a pretty good amount in my life, and have come to crave a sense of community, wherever I happen to be. You know, knowing your neighbors by name, attending community events, shopping locally. Since moving across the country and becoming a mom, this virtual community has become a big part of my life! I've made some sweet and talented new blogger and artisan friends in Phoenix, and have recently attended events like #WWIM12AZ and Pineapple Triangle's #AZsharethatyoucare, which have made this huge city (6th largest in the country) feel a little bit more homey.

Not only that, I've also "e-met" some lovely and intelligent ladies all over the world whose writings have entertained, informed and touched me in many ways - and I am so honored to have been nominated for two Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, by Jen (Breastfeeding Needs) and Lori (Travlinmad). Check out their awesome blogs, I know you'll enjoy them as much as I do!

The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world and the rules are simple: Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site. Answer the 10 questions sent to you. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer. Nominate 10 other bloggers, link them in your post and notify them of their nomination via social media. And have fun!

Jen's questions:


1. What do you love about blogging?
I love traveling. I love having a creative outlet - writing, photography, graphic design. I love the sense of community and support. Boom.

2. And what do you hate, or at least just dislike?
I dislike the competitive nature blogging can have - feeling pressure to keep up with what everyone else is doing, or with material things everyone has instead of just doing you!

3. What is one thing you have learned about blogging that you never would have thought of before hand?
How much time and effort it takes to take a blog to the next level - and how much there is to learn!

4. What are your hobbies outside of your blog?
I feel like I have a million hobbies. The obvious ones of traveling, hiking, being outdoors with my boys. I love doing yoga (and attempting acroyoga!), strumming the five chords I know on the guitar, sewing straight-lined projects, amateur photography. Does Pinteresting count?

5. Tell me one thing about yourself that most of your readers do not know?
I'm really scared of cars, even though I enjoy road trips. Crossing streets is nerve-wrecking to me, and it would be awesome to live somewhere where I never had to drive. (Those are my favorite places to visit.)

Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona AZ

Lori's questions:


6. Who's your dream seat-mate on a long flight?
My man. I would love for us to uninterruptedly sit, drink wine, talk, nap/cuddle and watch all the movies we can get our hands on for hours on end. I know our son will grow up fast enough, so for now, we dream.

7. What do you enjoy most in other people’s blogs or social media feeds (and what advice would you offer on how to make a blog more successful)?
I really enjoy reading about trips and finding places to add to my bucket list, but I love reading personal posts the most, the ones where they open up and show their humanity.

8. Who will play you in the movie about your life?
My sweet fiance tells me I look like Salma Hayek, and who I am to disagree with the love of my life? Haha!

9. Any favorite travel or inspirational quotes?
“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that g**damn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac

10. What’s next? Tell us your top 3 experiences or travels in the works or on your Bucket List, and what you hope to see/do when you’re there!
I've been looking forward to this fall, because we plan on exploring the great Southwest a lot more! On the list: Northern Arizona (Payson, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon), Utah (Moab, Brice Canyon and Zion National Park) and California (Joshua Tree). So excited for outdoors time!

My nominations

As Lori wrote, I’m nominating women whose blogs and social media have inspired, entertained, and educated me.Their blogs are all unique and I hope you’ll check them out and follow along with them!

A Buhr Blog
The Perfect Stew
Two Martinis
Pinay Flying High
Lovely Little Rants
Global Munchkins
A Keane Sense of Adventure
Running in a Skirt
Em Busy Living
The Lady Lawyer

Questions for nominees:

1. How has blogging impacted you and your life?
2. What's the favorite post you've written? (Add a link!)
3. How do you find time to juggle it all, parenting, blogging, working, having a social life?
4. What is something special you do to treat yourself?
5. Do you take spontaneous trips or are you more of a planner?
6. Where was your last trip to?
7. Where is your dream vacation destination?
8. Weirdest fact about you?
9. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self?
10. Are you a light packer or I-should-take-everything-just-in-case type of gal?

Linking up with these blogs this week!

you might also like

about me
Louise

About the Writer

I'm Louise, a Tampa Bay based Brazilian-American travel blogger. Join us as we learn and share the ins-and-outs of traveling with a toddler and our sweet rescue pup Oreo, while promoting local nonprofits and wellness along the way.